Thursday 20 March 2014

Inspired by Mum with House of Fraser

It is no secret over here at PPOMG that we are big mummy's girls, and this is reflected in our fashion choices everyday! So when we heard from House of Fraser about their Mother's Day Blogger Competition, we knew this was definitely one for us!

Lauren
My Mum is a perfectionist inspired by other eras and this is reflected in her style with classic cuts and styles, perfect hair and makeup and ALWAYS heels (I think she owns one pair of summer sandals for a holiday)! I have learned a lot from her, and am always stealing bits and pieces from her wardrobe, as well as swagging cast offs when she has no room for her new purchases! 

I have definitely adopted a love of classic heels, adorable prints, A-line skirts and cute cut blazers from her, and I use these in my everyday looks.
Photos by Shelley George of Shelley Makes

I'm wearing: Clarks Boots, £gift | M&S Tights | Louche at Joy Dress, £55 | Miss Selfridge Pink Coat, £90 down to £35 

This look is my mum all over, the rule of a longer sleeve with a shorter skirt, lace detailing and classic navy and blue with an injection of colour from the pink coat.

The perfect House of Fraser items to complete my look "Inspired by Mum" would be a spritz of her favourite Chanel No5, a classic and timeless perfume which can be worn for any occasion, along with these fabulously fifties Prada cat eye sunglasses.

CHANEL No5 Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml, £67 and Prada Ladies Cat Eye Sunglasses, £215



Felicity
My Mum champions style on a budget  and dresses incredibly well for it! Her favourite places to shop are Joules, Clarks, Boden and Trafford Knitwear Outlet. Joules and Boden have gorgeous fresh colours and prints, with heritage pieces like tweed jackets.
I'm wearing: Traffic People at One65 Silk Maxi Dress £gift | Biba at House of Fraser Hat, £50 down to £5 in the outlet | Dune Sandals (last season)

This look sums up my Mum perfectly (actually the hat and dress belong to her, although I bought her the dress!) - a good dose of vintage glamour, beautiful fresh colours and Summer personified - her favourite season. We shot the photos by the canal as that is where she most likes to be - we have a canal boat and in the Summer months you won't find my parents (or our two Flat Coated Retrievers) anywhere else!

The items I'd like to add from House of Fraser would be the Dune Kart Mint Sandals, £65 and the Thomas Sabo Amethyst Charm Bracelet, £25.95 - both highlighting the purples and jades in the dress. Mum would love the gladiator sandals especially - they're her one weakness!

Thanks for reading our "Inspired by Mum" style post! We would love to hear from you about your Mum's style!
Felicity and Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall