Sunday 20 November 2016

The Weekend Edit | AW Essentials

As November is running closer and closer into December territory (how on earth has this happened?!) we thought we'd show you a few of the Autumn/Winter essentials that are making us smile. Grab a tea (or better yet, a hot chocolate) and snuggle on down...

LAUREN

Dressing the part: For the first time in years, I'm loving blouses and trousers for work. I've historically been such a tights and dress girl, but Zara has really stepped up their blouse game this year and I'm all over it. A favourite has to be this leopard print blouse, which looks amazing tucked into a skirt or with black skinnies. I've also been living in these Clarks heeled brogues, a bargain in the sale last year. They are a stunning mahogany colour and jazz up any casual work outfit. 
Beauty: I'm having pretty horrendous skin this winter- a combination of dry and oily and constant breakouts. To be honest, it's pretty exhausting! I'm trying to keep my day to day makeup fairly light to allow my skin to breathe a little, so this Burberry Beauty Fresh Glow BB cream gives my dull, dry skin a lift without drying it out even more. 

In the Bag: I've been on the hunt for a new mini bag and purse for when I go away for a weekend or on holiday, and this spot bag is me all over. Sent over as part of the new season launches from Yoshi, the mini bag is roomy and sturdy. I love the spot detail which makes it fun but without being too much. The grey mini purse is perfect for a weekend away- a few cards and a bit of cash with the lock secure making it just right for holidaying safety!

FELICITY

Wearing: First up, a little cross body bag. If you caught our Radley post a few weeks ago, you'll know how much I love a bright little bag for my essentials. The lovely people at Yoshi sent us a little taste of their new season to try, and I picked this gorgeous red, navy and white leather stripe. It's not on the website yet, but stay tuned - it's a keeper!

Also love this cute and spooky zip purse to go with it - perfect for the cooler, darker months, right?

Also wearing - berry hues! Both of these pieces are from last Winter, but I'll be wearing them all over again this year (a wedding and a house don't exactly leave room for you ASOS)! The burgundy faux fur scarf was a gift last Christmas and the velvet heels you may recognise as Boden - come December, I barely take them off! Their mid-heel courts are super essential and comfy too. Invest!

Buying: Candles and cards! I know once the wedding is over I'll be writing a lot of thank you cards as well as my usual Christmas ones. These wintry ones from Portico Design I bought in good old TK Maxx, a favourite for stationery. I also found this amazing Neom candle for half the price! It's the 'comforting' scent which I think is now discontinued - but worth a trip to your local store all the same!

Beauty: My skin goes absolutely crackers in Winter. It's dry and sore and oily on my T-zone (thanks Mother Nature). My mother in law persuaded me into finally investing into some premium skincare and I'm so glad I did. The REN Ever Calm range (the cleansing milk in particular) has been my holy grail and sorted out my temperamental, sensitive, dehydrated skin (with any hormonal acne retreating fast). Totally blown away!🙆

Last but not least, a trusty lip balm this time of year is about as essential as it gets. This one is Maybelline Babylips Dr Rescue (the plain menthol) and it's fantastic ❅ I apply it all the time, at home and on the go, to keep chapped lips at bay.

What are your Autumn/Winter essentials? We'd love to know!🍂

FELICITY & LAUREN

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall