Wednesday 20 April 2016

Wedding Wednesday | My Photographer

Image Credit: 1 | 2 | 3 [from my 'wedding photography i love' board on pinterest!]
Another update, as promised! This time I'm talking finding a wedding photographer, which to me was the biggest task of all. That may come as a surprise to some people - surely the biggest, most important find is the dress? - but I'm so into photography myself, I was really worried I wouldn't find what I wanted within my budget.

So I looked at so many photographers and they're all so, so good. Until I looked seriously at prices, I felt like a kid in a candy store. No two photographers are the same and their eye for details, unique approach to colour, light and aesthetics, even their mediums in digital and film just staggered me. So much choice!

As my groom is Greek Cypriot, there are certain traditions we are honouring that involve both sides, so first and foremost I looked for duo photographers - teams of two that would be able to spend time with us individually before capturing us together later on. I also knew I wanted Pinterest-worthy attention to detail and dreamy light - golden hour, bokeh - all that good stuff. Not much to ask for right?

I then came down to around 5 really really wonderful photographers - 4 of which I found on Rock My Wedding, an awesome wedding blog I've been following forever, and one on instagram. I'll share them with you, just in case you're looking, before the reveal! They were:

Frances Sales (RMW)


*

Frankee Victoria (RMW)


*

Lemonade Pictures (RMW)


*

Kraan Gallery (RMW)


*

Anneli Marinovich (Instagram)


I made enquiries with the bottom three after deciding that they were my absolute favourites (even though they're all quite different when you compare their styles). Both Anneli and Nichola of Lemonade Pictures were booked up and I was just about to think I should've booked all this stuff earlier when Martin of Kraan Gallery replied - and was free on the day! Third time lucky.

Steve and I met with Martin last Sunday and loved his super relaxed approach. We totally trusted his eye too - I mean, just look at the portfolio. Dreamy light, use of colour, a little black and white film - a real artist's take on it. So signed and sealed - we have our photographer! *breathes huge sigh of relief*

Anyone else planning a wedding and found their photographer? 
What did you ask them and what's important to you?

Felicity

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty, Posh, Oh My Gosh! | Life and Style of a UK Blogging DuoMaira Gall